Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New blog!

Wow, I had no idea I hadn't blogged anything since January!  I really am going to try and get better at this whole blogging thing.  :)  Really, I am. 

We just celebrated Mother's Day this past weekend.  I sure hope all of the moms out there had a great Mother's Day weekend!  I was thinking about what being a mother means this past Mother's Day weekend. Both of my boys, Michael (2-years) and Samuel (9 months) recently had RSV. It made for an exhausting week for everyone. Last week, being a mother for me was all about "wiping." I wiped lots of bottoms as both boys were having some interesting dirty diapers with RSV. I wiped lots of drool. I wiped lots of snot from little, red noses. I wiped many tears from my boys' eyes as they were waking up in the middle of the night from coughing. I wiped sticky hands and fingers after meal and snack times. I wiped chins from excess Tylenol dripping from my boys' mouths. And I wiped the front of my pants a lot. My 2-year old grew tired of the tissue-nose-wiping so insisted on using my yoga pants. I guess my pants were softer. And you know what? I didn't care that I had snot stains on my pants because that's what being a mom is all about... :) Side note... both of my little ones are on the mend! I'm thankful and so are my pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...