Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Winter Skin Essentials.

I love winter.  I love wearing boots, fun scarves and chunky sweaters.  I love having a good pot of chili going on chilly winter days.  What I don't love is dry, itchy skin that seems to come with my beloved winter.  Running our furnaces during the winter can wreak havoc on our skin by drying it out.  So, I wanted to share some of my favorite products for keeping your skin moisturized, healthy and soft this winter!


For my children, I love several products.  One is Nassim Natural's Ouchie Diaper Balm.  While touted as an excellent diaper ointment, this balm is wonderful for any dry patch on your little one's skin.  Infused with beeswax, organic calendula petals, lavender flower and comfrey root, Ouchie Diaper Balm will help soothe and calm irritation.  Visit www.nassimnaturals.com for more information and to order!

Some other products I love for children are Earth Mama Angel Baby's "Angel Baby Oil" and "Angel Baby Lotion."  Angel Baby Oil is a gently absorbable grape seed oil blend that has no nut oils and, as always, zero toxins. Angel Baby Oil is infused with calming organic Chamomile and moisturizing organic Calendula, and has virtually no scent. It's perfect for sensitive, chapped little noses and wonderful for dry, itchy skin! Angel Baby Lotion made with organic Rooibos which is soothing to eczema, skin allergies and diaper rash. After my little one's bath time, I rub some of the Angel Baby Oil on my little one's skin before I use the Angel Baby Lotion. I feel like the oil helps lock in the moisture, leaving your little one's skin feeling soft and incredibly smooth. Visit www.earthmamaangelbaby.com to order!


Earth Mama Angel Baby also has some fabulous products for mommas!  For chapped lips during the winter time, I love their Lip Balms!  With yummy flavors like Coconut Smoothie, Lavender Meringue or Mint Herbal, you're sure to find a balm to your liking.

If you fall victim to the flu this year, chances are you'll have a runny, yucky nose, and a runny nose usually means a chapped nose.  When my nose gets red, chapped and irritated, I slather on Earth Mama's Natural Nipple Butter.  While obviously perfect for nursing mommas,  Natural Nipple Butter is awesome for any patch of dry, irriated skin.  Natural Nipple Butter is made with soothing organic Calendula and non-sticky natural plant butters to comfort and protect.

To help keep some moisture in the air, I highly recommend running a cool mist humidifier.  I have a the Crane "Drop" Cool Mist Humidifier and feel like it's been a super worthwhile purchase.  Besides helping keep your skin moist, the extra moisture in the air will also help keep your nasal passages moist.  Dry nasal passages lead to an overproduction of mucus, which can result in runny noses and often times colds and other sinus troubles.  Visit www.buybuybaby.com to view all of the functional, yet adorable Crane Humidifiers.

What are some of your tips and tricks for keeping your skin healthy during the winter?

Happy Blogging!
Toni The Chic Momma


** If you enjoy reading Toni The Chic Momma's musings, please like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter! Oh, and how about checking out the Networked Blogs? Thanks for the social network lovin'! **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...