I have now been cloth diapering my youngest for about two weeks now. I have been using mainly bumGenius 4.0 diapers and have loved, loved, loved them. I also have two GroVia all-in-one cloth diapers that I purchased from Tulsa's cloth diaper store, Booty Duty Cloth Diapers. So far, cloth diapering has been easy and non-eventful. I have been using a disposable liner in my cloth diapers which has helped out tremendously with dirty diapers. The clean-up as been minimal and the diapers have washed well without any staining. Sounds funny, but I know my little one's "bowel routine." So, I only use a disposable liner around those times. Anyhow, on Saturday, my little guy had a surprise dirty diaper. I hadn't used a disposable liner and was shocked! I know, I know... babies have dirty diapers and I shouldn't be surprised, right? However, I was surprised, shocked and a little concerned. How was I going to clean this diaper and thoroughly get all of the "dirty stuff" off of it? My husband had just walked through the door from work and when seeing my predicament, kindly volunteered to hose off the diaper outside. OK, OK... let me clarify. I volunteered my husband and he was sweet enough to accept! My husband did an impeccable job hosing off the diaper. There was a little staining, but it washed clean in the wash. Phew!
As I was perusing the Cotton Babies web site this morning, I came across an ingenious product. If bumGenius wasn't genius enough, Cotton Babies has the bumGenius Diaper Sprayer! I know that the Cotton Babies team had envisioned the above silly debacle and had me in mind when they created their bumGenius Diaper Sprayer. Here's a little product information from Cotton Babies web site:
- The popular design from Coolcraft is now updated with new anti-drip technology and is only available from bumGenius with full-color, fold out instructions designed to make the installation process simple from the moment you open the package.
- The diaper sprayer is a fresh way to clean soiled cloth diapers. Its high-pressure spray rinses clean even the messiest diapers. The mess goes where it is supposed to go - and your hands stay clean.
- During potty training, the sprayer is perfect for rinsing potty chairs.
- The adjustable spray is gentle enough to be used for personal hygiene after childbirth.
- Easy to Install - no plumber needed: The bumGenius Diaper Sprayer is very easy to install. All parts and detailed instructions with high-quality pictures are included in the box. If you need help with installation, call the 800 number listed with the instructions to talk to an experienced customer service agent.
- In the Box: One package includes sprayer, fixtures, hose, mounting clip, and full-color instructions with diagrams and pictures for easy installation.
So, hope you have a great Monday! If you cloth diaper, do you have any funny cloth diapering stories to share? Surely, I'm not the only one... right?
Toni The Chic Momma