Last weekend, my mom, my sister and I participated in the Walk To End Alzheimer's. It was our first time to participate and we had a great time. I was thrilled to see such a great turn-out for such an awesome organization. We participated in honor of my mom's mother, Sylvia Kelly, who was a victim of Alzheimer's and passed away on July 1, 1997. I'm proud to report that "Team Kasey" raised $1, 275 for the Alzheimer's Association - Oklahoma and Arkansas Chapter.
September is actually World Alzheimer's Month. The mission and vision of the Alzheimer's Association is simple:
- MISSION: To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
- VISION: A world without Alzheimer's disease.
Visit the Alzheimer's Association web site to find out about ways to get involved with World Alzheimer's Month, including:
- Wearing purple on September 21, Alzheimer's Action Day.
- Purchasing special "World Alzheimer's Month" products to raise awareness.
- Attending an Alzheimer's Action Day event near you.
With your help, we can move toward our vision of a world without Alzheimer's disease.
Toni The Chic Momma