Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Got Fluff. Now What?

So, yesterday I received a "fluff" package from Cotton Babies!  Who needs a "care" package when you can receive a "fluff" package?  I was super excited when I checked the mail and ran inside to tear the package open. I was like a kid ripping into a present on Christmas morning.  Wait, I still do that with gifts sometimes.  Well, moving on, I received five bumGenius cloth diapers.  The prints are part of the Artist Series called the Tiny Socialite Collection and are designed by Chelsea Perry.  I just love them.  They're cute, but still edgy.  I just thought of a new word.  "Cudgy" for cute and edgy.  Think that will catch on, perhaps?  Maybe?  Well, you never know!


Well, I wasn't for sure what to do with these diapers.  First, I closely examined them.  Honestly, the snaps kind of freaked me out.  There are snaps on the top and snaps in the front.  After checking out some videos on You Tube, I quickly figured out those pesky snaps.  The hook/loop closure closely resemble the Velcro on a disposable diaper and are super easy to use and maneuver.  I was able to speak with a live customer service representative on the Cotton Babies web site who provided me with some extremely helpful tips for cleaning and washing the cloth diapers.  So, the first order of business was washing my new cloth diapers.  I recently purchased Charlie's Soap from Booty Duty Cloth Diapers to wash my cloth diapers.  In case you didn't know, main-stream, store-bought detergents are not cloth diaper safe.  I washed the diapers covers and inserts.  Now, the diaper covers had to be line dried, while the diaper inserts could be tumbled dry on low.  Day 1 of my cloth diapering adventures was over.


Stay tuned for my follow-up blog when I chronicle my first day of cloth diapering!


P.S. - If you're in the Tulsa area, please check out Tulsa's newest cloth diapering store, Booty Duty Cloth Diapers.  Booty Duty Cloth Diapers is still in their infant stages, but show them support as they grow and serve Tulsa's cloth diapering mommas!


Happy Blogging,
Toni The Chic Momma

5 comments:

  1. Great article Toni! We can hardly wait to read about your first day of cloth diapering. It was great meeting you and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Cloth Diapering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following me!! I'm actually already following you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just stopping by to follow you back. Turns out I'm already following you on both blogs lol! It's so cool what you're doing over at your other blog, Shower of Hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following me I am now following back! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, Debs Dealz stopping in from the hop to follow you via GFC. Love your blog! Please visit back and follow me too. While you are there like me on FB too, Thanks!

    http://www.debsdealz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Drop Me A Line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...