I absolutely love the Olympics! Tonight, I'm going to watch the Opening Ceremonies with my family. In fact, my mom is coming over for dinner and dessert. I'm making a yummy pot roast and chocolate cupcakes. Are you having a watch party for the Opening Ceremonies? If you're having any type of Olympics watch party over the next two weeks, you should check out the following Olympic-themed desserts that are sure to get you a "Gold Medal" in baking.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 15x10x1-inch or 13x9-inch pan with foil. Spray bottom only of foil with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Press evenly in bottom of pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 2 In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Spread mixture over cooled crust.
- 3 Arrange fruit over cream cheese. Refrigerate at least 1 hour until chilled. To serve, cut into 5 rows by 4 rows. Cover and refrigerate any remaining fruit pizza.
As if the Union Jack Fruit Pizza isn't cool enough, check out this Olympics inspired cupcake decorating kit from Williams-Sonoma. The Summer Olympics Cupcake Decorating Kit retails for $12.95 and is available at select Williams-Sonoma stores or at www.williamssonoma.com.
The kit includes:
The kit includes:
- 12 laurel wreath liners
- 12 international flags liners
- 6 male-runner toppers
- 6 laurel wreath toppers
- 6 female-swimmer toppers
- 6 gold-medal toppers
I'm actually using the above kit for my chocolate cupcakes tonight! If you're wanting an irresistible, homemade chocolate cake/cupcake recipe, then I have the perfect recipe for you! My mother-n-law gave me this recipe several years ago and it's always been my husband's favorite chocolate cake recipe. This is a basic chocolate cake recipe and while I've seen many variations of this recipe over the years, it's one of my all-time favorites. I make layered cakes with this recipe, sheet cakes and of course cupcakes!
Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or if you don't have buttermilk, simply add 1 tablespoon of distilled white vinegar or lemon juice to 1/2 cup of whole/skim milk)
- 1 pound box of powdered sugar
- 1/4 milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
While your cupcakes are baking, add the frosting ingredients to a bowl. Beat the ingredients with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes, scraping often. When cupcakes are completely cool, frost the cupcakes and then enjoy the deliciousness!
Hope you have a great Friday! Enjoy watching the Opening Ceremonies! Actually, as I finish the post, I'm enjoying one of my cupcakes. :)
Toni The Chic Momma