Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Healthy Home Products: Ology Review!

I'm a cloth diapering momma and that's pretty "crunchy" in my book, but cloth diapering seemed to open my eyes to better, healthier ways of living.  I try to buy organic foods when possible and also try to use eco-friendly, natural cleaning products.  I use such items to better my families health and help the planet.  The below quote says it best:

"When you know better you do better.” ― Maya Angelou
 
So, I always love learning new ways to improve and love finding new, innovative products to help me achieve a healthier way of living.
 
I was recently introduced to a new line of products from Ology.
 
 
 
The Ology brand features a line of baby and personal care products, as well as household cleaners and is the solution to the growing consumer demand for products free of harmful formulations.   Exclusive to Walgreens, Ology’s baby and personal care products, household cleaners, and laundry liquids are free of harmful chemicals. Ology also offers light bulbs and 100 percent tree-free paper products.  The Ology brand is committed to providing consumers with healthier lifestyle options.
 
I have been using the above mentioned products for about 1-month now and want to share with you my experience with the Ology Free and Clear Detergent, the Ology Lavender and Chamomile Baby Wash and the Ology Lavender and Chamomile Baby Lotion.
 
I was really excited about trying out the Ology Free and Clear Detergent.  Ology's laundry liquid is formulated for delicates, woolens and regular washing.  It containing no dyes, phosphates or artificial fragrances, so it's gentle on clothing & gentle on your skin.  It's also HE and conventional machine compatible.  I used the Ology Free and Clear Detergent on all of my laundry, except for my cloth diapers.  Unfortunately, additives like stain fighters can cause issues in cloth diapers.  I used the recommended amount: For normal loads fill one cap and a half. For larger loads or heavy soil, add two capfuls.  My husband does concrete work.  He stains and stamps decorative concrete and often pours concrete for some of the jobs.  As you can imagine, his clothes are often dirty, dusty and just downright gross.  For my husband's work clothes, I used the 2 capfuls.  I was amazed at the scent of the wet clothes as I pulled them out of the washing machine.  I smelled NOTHING!  Now, that's a great scent.  The clothes smelled fresh, clean.  I say, if you want to smell something floral, go pick some flowers!  Now, for my other loads, which included toddler clothes, sheets, towels and other lines, I used a cap and a half.  I have an older top loader washing machine and did notice some suds still in the washing machine in the final rinse, so I would recommend doing a second rinse or simply check your water during the final rinse for leftover suds that didn't get rinsed out.  Overall, I give this product a thumbs-up!  It worked great for our family and I loved how well it cleaned my dirtiest and smelliest laundry!

The next product that I tried was the Ology Lavender and Chamomile Baby Wash.  First, I love the fact that Ology's baby wash is endorsed by Healthy Child Healthy WorldOlogy Lavender and Chamomile Baby Wash contains NO parabens, silicones, dyes, phthalates or animal byproducts.  The bottle is made from 100% post-consumer materials, too.  I love the smell of the Ology Lavender and Chamomile Baby Wash.  The lavender scent is light and not overpowering.  The lavender and chamomile is calming and perfect for the evening bath.  The only issue I have with the Ology Lavender and Chamomile Baby Wash is the fact that it's a little runny.  I would love if this wash maybe came in a pump-style bottle.  It would help greatly.  Maybe that's an issue Ology can address in the future, because otherwise I loved this product and felt in left my little ones clean and smelling great.
 
The third product I tried was the Ology Lavender and Chamomile Baby Lotion.  Like the  Ology Lavender and Chamomile Baby Wash, the Ology baby lotion contains no parabens, silicones, dyes, phthalates or animal byproducts.  The bottle made from 100% post-consumer materials and is also endorsed by Healthy Child Healthy World.  The smell is wonderful and is a great finish to a relaxing bath time for your little one.  When using the Ology Lavender and Chamomile Baby Lotion, I appreciated the fact that my hands weren't left greasy and that my little one's skin was just soft and sweet smelling.  While I love the lavender and chamomile scent, it would be nice if the Ology line included non-scented choices for those with allergies and other skin issues.  Otherwise, I have no complaints with the Ology baby care line.  Although, a diaper cream and baby oil would be nice product additions, too!
 
So, how can you try Ology?  Well, head to your local Walgreens or visit www.walgreens.com.  Click here to view the complete line of Ology products.  You simply can't go wrong with affordability and quality.  Be on the look-out for a giveaway soon.  :)
 



Happy Blogging!
Toni The Chic Momma


** If you enjoy reading Toni The Chic Momma's musings, please like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter! Oh, and how about checking out the Networked Blogs? Thanks for the social network lovin'! **

P.S. - I was sent a Walgreen’s gift card for the purposes of obtaining Ology products to review. No other compensation was offered or received. No suggestions or requests to select specific products within the Ology line were offered. I was in no way obligated to write a positive review and all opinions are mine and mine alone. The above is simply my opinion, my 2 cents. 




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...